- Management and modelling of Renewable Energy Systems (RES)
- Novel catalytic materials for energy applications
- Water – Energy nexus applications
- Carbon Capture and Sequestration – Utilization (CCS – CCU)
- Carbon/Biomass to Electricity
- Direct Carbon Fuel Cells (DCFCs)
- Energy saving devices – “Smart” materials for energy applications
- Environmental Systems Analysis
- Life Cycle Assessment and Eco-efficiency analysis
- Environmental Catalysis
- Advanced web-based technologies for monitoring air emissions
- Environmental issues in the transportation sector
- Emissions reduction schemes for the maritime and aviation sectors
- Fault diagnosis in energy systems
- On-line quality control for industrial systems
- Control and leak detection in public utility water networks
- Thermal and energy characterization of building structural elements
- Decision support tools
- Advanced IoT applications
The academic and research disciplines of the IEESL comprise various activities:
Find out more details about undergraduate courses provided by members of the Lab.
Find out more details about postgraduate courses provided by members of the Lab.
See all academic publications published by members of the Lab.
Check all research projects currently carried out in the Lab.
The following projects are currently active:
Energy-aware Factory Analytics for Process Industries
NESOI aims at unlocking the potential of EU islands to become the locomotives of European Energy Transition, mainstreaming green energy investments to an audience of 2.400 inhabited EU islands and giving the opportunity to test there innovative energy technologies and approaches in a cost-competitive way.
Development, design, production and environmental analysis of advanced solar thermal collectors and heat storage systems using vacuum and phase change materials.
Rational design and development of nano-structured catalysts for CO2 hydrogenation to value-added
LIGBIO-GASOFC focuses on the development and evaluation of novel materials, devices and processes for the efficient co-current energy conversion.
Direct Conversion of Biomass to Electricity in MED area via an Internal Catalytic Gasification Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (DB-SOFC)
Design of an intelligent
system for sustainable
application to Crete
Be updated with our latest news:
- Editorial Board
Get in touch
Stay tuned with a team of professionals in the field of energy, environment and industrial applications.